Founded circa. 1870, Barlow Rowland is based in Accrington and occupies offices at the junction of St. James' Street and Cannon Street in a conservation area.

The firm's strength lies in its solicitors' expertise and its strong desire to provide a modern, efficient and friendly service to commercial and individual clients without sacrificing high professional standards.

Barlow Rowland is well known for its commercial and private client practice. Although based in Accrington, the firm's clients are drawn from a wide area in East Lancashire and beyond. Some distant clients instruct the firm by telephone, fax or email, recognising that it is able to provide a service which is more competitively priced than city-based firms.

Barlow Rowland offers excellent facilities to its clients. Built in 1849 its offices have been sympathetically restored to provide a gracious working environment. Conference rooms are available, but solicitors often travel to meet clients elsewhere. The cobbled courtyard at the rear of the offices is available for parking.

Extensive use is made of computers and the firm is committed to regularly upgrading its systems so that its clients obtain maximum benefit from modern information technology.

Fees and funding are always discussed on receipt of instructions

The Firm


18-24 St. James Street, Accrington, Lancs., BB5 1NY

tel: 01254 300400


Authorised and regulated by The Solicitors Regulation Authority. SRA No. 46595